Competitions Director Needed
The UDS is in search of an interim Competitions Director. If you enjoy planning events, this job may be for you! A full job description is located in our Rules (page 16). If interested, please contact Stacey Hornsby.
Guidelines for the Director of Competitions of UDS
- Organize and oversee Omnibus production.
- Organize the Annual Show, including, at a minimum, the following tasks: obtain all show recognitions; contact show officials and send contracts; order ribbons and tests; make sure all showing requirements of USEF and USDF are met.
- Organize the Short Tour Series, including at a minimum: that all show managers know the Rules for prizes, judges, payment of non-UDS fee, reporting of class placement, rental of UDS trailer, etc.
- Assure that the UDS trailer is properly stocked for shows, properly licensed and insured, and physically maintained.
- Organize such committees or assign chairpersons to organize such committees as are necessary to accomplish and assist him or her in carrying out his or her duties.
- Accepts and resolves disputes for competition scores
- Responsible for arena and arena letter rentals
- Report to the Board of Directors on a monthly basis the status of all areas of responsibility and the progress of any committee under his or her supervision. In the event of the Director of Competition's absence, a written report shall be submitted to the President three (3) days before the Board meeting.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.